We are here for you, to ensure that your floor, depending on the type remains always clean and beautiful. Remember that every type of flooring needs different styles to stay clean.
Floor care is an art that is perfected by knowing the best tips of cleaning different types of floors.
Tile Floor Cleaning
Tile flooring is a suitable and durable choice for your bathrooms, kitchens and other parts of your premises that are more likely to get wet regularly. Your choice of tile material determines the best methods to use. Some types can handle harsher chemicals, but the grout used on them can’t. Think about all the imbalances while choosing the equipment, cleaning chemicals, and the method. The 3 proven methods to ensure a clean floor are as follows:
Basic Tile Cleaning– This method calls for the following steps
- Do a regular daily vacuuming and sweeping of the floor to remove any kind of dirt and other debris that usually accumulate on the floor. Ensure to always vacuum or sweep the floor before any cleaning or mopping is done.
- Mop all the floor area using warm water and soap to remove residue dirt and stains. Then use a dry mop to dry the floor
- Ensure to clean up any liquid spills from the floor immediately. If a spill remain on the ground for long periods, it will be soaked into the grout becoming stickier.
- It is hygienic to use disinfectant to remove pet droppings and liquid raw meat spots from the floor. Do not use strong chemicals as they may degrade or cause stains on the floor.
- Use a vinegar solution mixed in a proportion of ½ a spoon to a gallon to clean the floor. Follow with a rinsing action using clean warm water and detergent to ensure it is completely clean.
- If there are any stains on the tile floor, ensure to remove them. Stains that have overstayed can be hard to remove. Make a paste from scouring powder mixed with warm water and apply.
- Remove stains from tile floors. If a spill stays for long, it can cause floor stains.
- In the bathrooms, mildew may form. The best way to remove this is to use ammonia solution on the floor. Make sure to wear protective gadgets when doing this function.
The best-proven methods to clean grout areas are using:
- A white or pink pencil eraser over stains. For stubborn stains use sandpaper or an abrasive tool
- Use baking soda for dirty grout areas and then wash with warm water
- You can use bleach if natural methods do not remove dirt stains. Ensure to protect your hands and do not use it on colored grout
Regular sweeping is highly recommended for wooden floors. Always avoid using excess water or liquid cleaners as wood is porous and permanent damage can occur. The best tricks to clean your wooden floors are:
The preventive care method ensures that your floor always remains clean to avoid lengthy one time cleans. This can be done by using mats on areas with high traffic such as door areas and reception sections. Locations that have rainy and snowy conditions require proper equipment to be used to carry out regular removals. A boot removal can be part of the premises to make water and ice damage less. .By using rugs in all play areas you can prevent children from making marks on the floors.
Basic care includes the following tips:
- Regularly dusting the floor with a mop treated with dusting agent. This method makes you pick up dust and pet hair
- Use a vacuum with a floor brush or an electric broom to do the regular dusting. Ensure to use the proper vacuum cleaner as one with a beater bar can cause scratches on the floor. To carry out faster dusting the are electrostatic cloths that are disposable and can be found at grocery stores at discounted prices
You will find that wood will tend to collect up grime, oil, and dirt which might refuse to come out through regular mopping. You can then consider using a wood cleaning product according to a manufacturer’s instructions. A sponge or a rag can be dipped into water, ringed and used to damp mop the floor. Ensure not to use too much liquid or leave it on the wood as damage can occur
When trying to remove any marks on your wooden floor, think about the floor finish. Stains on the surface mean the floor has a hard finish e.g. that of urethane. Stains that have penetrated mean the wooden floor has a soft oiled finish application. For the hard finish use a soft clean cloth and never a sandpaper, hash chemicals or steel wool as permanent damage can result.
For soft oiled floor:
- Rub pet and dark stains with a quality steel wool and floor wax. Use bleach if the stain persists
- For oil stains use a soft cloth and a detergent to break down grease and use a cloth with clean water to rinse
- For watermarks and white stains, use quality steel wool with floor wax
Vinyl floor cleaning
A Vinyl tile floor offers durability and attractiveness. Cleaning methods applicable to Vinyl do not present a lot of problems as it is easy to clean. Just like hardwood, Limit water and liquid cleaners as liquids can enter the seams and loosen the adhesive.
As a preventive measure ensure to minimize stains, dirt, and abrasions before they occur. They can cause degradation and wear down to the finish on Vinyl floors. The best way to do proper prevention is by situating quality mats on vulnerable areas such as doorways and receptions. Moving furniture is another task that can have a damaging effect on your floor. You can lay a plywood sheet or a kind of paneling wherever you are moving furniture.
Follow the following steps to clean:
- Vacuum or use a dry mop to remove dust and pet hair before you embark on wet cleaning. Ensure to also address the areas under the baseboards, furniture, and corners.
- Cider vinegar is considered to be a good cleaner product for Vinyl. The acidity available in it works very well in dirt and grime removal without wax and soap buildup.
- Baking soda and water can be used to remove stains from foods, ketchup, tomato sauce, grape juice etc. A baking soda paste and water will gently be rubbed on the stains to make them disappear. A proper clean up ensures the baking soda traces are removed.
- A soft and nylon bristle brush is helpful when removing different stain types. It can be used with common solvents such as alcohol for ink, hair and lipstick stains. Mineral spirits are good in removing crayon, marker and paint stains.
- Scheduled periodic deep cleans using cleaning chemicals and high-pressure steam remove dirt and grime buildups.
- A matting program ensures that your floor does not collect debris, dirt, and precipitation from incoming traffic.
- The tools used to clean Vinyl should be chosen wisely such as:
- Microfiber tools that offer superior cleaning and better controls.
- Dual chamber mops and a good bucket system rather than the traditional buckets and mops for dirty water and cleaning soluble chemical separation.
As you clean your Vinyl ensure that:
- You do not use a beater bar attachment as can damage the floor surface
- You do not use abrasive scrubbers, detergents or mop and shine as can leave your floor with a dull film
- Don’t use paste wax and solvent polishes
- Avoid ammonia or solutions based on ammonia as can cause material breakdown resulting to ugly cracks